Friday, August 20, 2010

21/08/10....Get Creative.

As a preaching idea I find this both challenging and yet freeing. I am happy that I do not have to control the outcome. What a relief. I like working with others. Already I have deliberately pulled back on having the final say in organising the next service for the Anglicans. I am going with their ideas for the 'back to church' Sunday on September 12th. I just keep encouraging them to give things a go. So far we have tea/coffee before the service and will only start when all have had a chance to chat and greet any new people on that day. They also want to have a shared bowl of soup and scone brunch afterwards. They also want to have a communion time so we are getting a minister in to do that part in a brief form after the Liturgy of the Word. We will have a formal planning meeting next week in which i hope to get them to be involved in a kids dramatising the scripture reading. Also want them to have a go at a dialogue teaching time, 'radical'.
Getting creative has freed me up inside to give things a go. I have been inspired about being creative by finding this inspirational speaker on You Tube. If you have a spare 20 minutes, sit and listen to this person. My wife, Robyn, and I did this and found what he said on many levels, inspiring. He used Humour, Stories, Knowledge,to get his message across.
Sir Ken Robinson...'Do schools kill creativity'.

No comments:

Post a Comment